Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Finishing up Paris...

So I just ended my "studies" here in Paris at the Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne and it has certainly been conflicting.  I feel like a lot about my world view, dreams, and ambitions got flipped upside down, but I guess that's just "life."  Ugh. Well, anyway... here are the best things that happened to me while here, and it's funny because they don't really involve the city or fashion, but more like what just happened due to me being here:

1.  Got introduced to Steve Roggenbuck by a great new (America, ha) friend, and therefore alt lit (esp. Tao Lin and Jordan Castro) as a result of further, obsessive research.

2.  Became obsessed with Harmony Korine and Spring Breakers.  I honestly think seeing that movie was and will be one of the truest highlights of 2013.  I really, really respect his philosophies and aesthetic, so glad he came into my life <3 nbsp="" p="">
3.  Boardwalk Empire !!!  Interest in early America, as well.

Also, new/foreign (therefore cool & intimidating as hell) people aren't nearly as mean as you think.  They were so helpful and it's important to be open-minded to this for the rest of my life.  It will make new places so much less daunting.

You have to make things happen.  They aren't gonna happen for you, I know this because I was thrown into the most typically 'perfect' situation -- fashion school in PARIS-- and ended with disappointment.  You really have to stay aware and make sure you don't slack when opportunities are presented, even though it's really hard, especially if it's in your nature to rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment