Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Black & White Photography

Trying to understand the purpose of b&w photography. "I know, I know, it's like a different, more 'mature'-possibly color variation" but like, the deeper intent/impact/meaning of it?? What types of images work better this way? After developing my first roll, I can only surmise:

-Abstract feelings (mostly sad, probably) Or feelings of exactness like someone Obviously lonely, happy, or pensive
-Not rly indoor scenery, often the lighting isn't dramatic enough and the objects look better in the colors they are-- image becomes a bit empty, uninteresting, or bare.
-Buildings at night with lights, with sky
-Nature scenes, esp if they already have the potential to look 'old' or Breugel-ish

super nuanced or just straight to the point (b&w even furthers its impact??)













I'm so depressed lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment